Who are you?
Céline Semaan, Executive Director of the Slow Factory Foundation
- Why do you make your work?
We need to redesign current linear, capitalistic systems and focus on regenerative and circulatory methods. This is imperative to embrace a healthy future for our Earth.
What do you believe in?
I believe in myself, in the God within us, in Nature and the powerful universe and energy that makes us who we are.
- Name one thing you say no to?
No to fossil fuel, fracking, colonialism, and oppression.
- What change would you like to see?
We need to take a bottom up approach in order to shatter colonialism and capitalism and instead, adopt a community-focused model where a network of people distribute power, knowledge and wealth equally. This will allow us to dismantle white supremacy and other constructs that contribute to destroying our Humanity and Planet.
- Name one thing that makes you happy?
- If you have used NOTO before, what is your favorite product and why?
My partner loves the oil and I love the tinted lipstick.
- How would you describe your personal routine?
Organized chaos rooted in spirituality.
- What did you want to be as a child?
- Can you remember one solid piece of advice you've gotten for the growth of your work?
Be professional with yourself.
- If you could collaborate with anyone, who would it be?
Oprah and the Obamas' Higher Ground Production Company. I'd love to work with Apple but would make sure they take immediate action on climate and e-waste production as well as adopt radical transparency of their supply chain.
- Who is one person in culture that you feel is making a positive and inspiring change ?
Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson
- Any links you'd like attached for people to find you?