We some how have forgotten over time how important our oceans are for our survival and how important it is to protect our home. Finally global warming and protection has now moved past being considered a conspiracy theory or outlandish cry from scientists and sadly has now become a very real thing. The good news is that there are many out there who care and are working hard to shift policy and create change within our society and how things are done. It's never too late to start, and its always possible to include this shift regardless of whatever else you are doing in your life. Take for example
Anaïs and Arielle who both work within other careers in their lives. The need to make change became so strong for them both that they formed Sealife SOS - An ocean conservation initiative that works with collaborating with communities and organizations such as OCEANA - And for the whole month of August, we will be donating our DTC sales of our Agender Oil to Sealife SOS. Below you can read on why A+A are doing what they do. Thank you both for creating a platform that we can join and help shift.
Who are you?
We’re an ocean conservation initiative collaborating with individuals and the community.
Why do you make your work?
We’re working to inspire change through action, community building and fundraising in efforts to protect our planet’s ecosystems.
What do you believe in?
Compassion, action and responsibility of the individual. We believe that beyond sentiment lies the responsibility to act over passively playing the martyr. How can we expect to move forward on a grander political scale if we’re not willing to adjust our daily habits to what our planet can sustain.
Name one thing you say no to?
Meat + Dairy Industry.
And one thing you say yes to?
Truly sustainable companies that do the work.
What change would you like to see?
Environmental policy on a global scale.
Name one thing that makes you happy?
Nature and animals
How would you describe your personal routine ?
- I start my day by having a glass of hot water and a matcha green tea
- I clean my face and moisturize my skin
- After spending half an hour getting ready for the day, I ride my bike to the studio — I work full-time as a producer during the week
- I usually have my first meal around noon, as I feel my best when I intermittent-fast
- My evening and weekend routine depend on the season, but I try to spend as much time as I can outdoors and with friends
- Wash face NOTO exfoliating foaming scrub
- Apply serum to face, neck and ends of my hair
- Go for a short walk to get coffee in my metal tumbler (sometimes with a cheeky oatmeal cookie)
- Jump on my emails.
- Take on whatever else the day throws my way.
What did you want to be as a child?
Arielle: Marine Biologist
Can you remember one solid piece of advice you've gotten for the growth of your work?
To inspire and encourage rather than to shame. Irreverence and entitlement are qualities that can be difficult to confront — we must instead focus on elevating those willing
to make the change.
If you could collaborate with anyone, who would it be?
Who is one person in culture that you feel is making positive and inspiring change ?